Over 15 years of advanced technical software usage including technical drawing, 3D modeling and animation, software development and various business systems. 10+ years of object-oriented programming. Proficient understanding of web application development and delivery. Excellent project management and organizational skills. Goal oriented and entrepreneurial with desire to learn and grow.
01/2020-Current | Progress Software Corporation (Burlington, MA) | Senior Technical Support Engineer
- Provide technical support to .NET developers for the Telerik UI for ASP.NET AJAX, UI for Blazor and Reporting products.
- Build reproductions and demos that aid in solving technical issues.
- Answer technical questions over the phone or through tickets and public forums.
- Log bugs and feature request in public feedback portal.
- Review and update product documentation as needed.
- Create digital content to provide additional technical guidance for developers and customers.
01/2019-12/2019 | Progress Software Corporation (Waltham, MA) | Technical Support Engineer II
- Implemented Fiddler Everywhere Composer Request Header/Parameter editor using Angular 2+, TypeScript and Redux.
- Provided technical support to developers for the ASP.NET AJAX, Fiddler and Reporting products.
- Built samples and demos that aid in solving technical issues.
- Answered technical questions over the phone and public forums.
05/2011-Current | ericrohler.com (Boston, MA) | .NET Developer and Blogger
- Design, develop and implement web applications on Microsoft Azure using open source web technologies.
- Full stack ASP.NET web development using C#, Entity Framework, jQuery, KnockoutJS, HTML5 and CSS3.
- Write about any open source software contributions, successes/failures in web development and tips and tricks.
11/2017-02/2019 | Meetcaregivers, Inc. (Newton, MA) | Lead Engineer and Bookkeeper
- Implemented build and release pipeline across all development projects using git, Azure DevOps Azure Web Apps and Azure SQL.
- Managed Windows, Linux and macOS Build Agents with Azure DevOps.
- Improved content management and delivery strategy using WordPress, Google Analytics and Google AdWords.
- Documented processes and systems for support in Markdown using Jekyll Static Site Generator and GitHub.
- Assisted with accounting and bookkeeping duties in Quickbooks Online.
- Administered Office 365, Azure Active Directory, SharePoint Online, Teams and Exchange.
06/2015 - 11/2017 | Meetcaregivers, Inc. (Newton, MA) | Freelance ASP.NET Developer
- Migrated web application and database from PHP/MySQL to ASP.NET MVC and WebApi/SQL with continuous delivery using Azure Web Apps for faster development cycles.
- Implemented responsive design with Azure Media Services that delivered via content delivery network for improved performance.
- Remodeled database with table-per-type inheritance using Entity Framework code first which improved search result capability.
- Optimized search functionality using Azure Search that improved search results allowing end-users to query by city, state and zip code.
- Customized ASP.NET Identity 2 for business requirements to allow authentication of multiple user types.
10/2013-04/2014 | Best Doctors (Boston, MA) | Release Engineer
- Drafted and published company wide release management standards to circumvent rogue development and release processes.
- Enabled one-click publish from Visual Studio to development IIS web server which improved development process by allowing developers to continue coding during QA cycle.
- Deployed continuous delivery pipeline with optimized branching and merging strategy which allowed QA to continue their regression testing immediately following bug fixes found during QA cycle.
- Influenced QA, Development, Project and Business Managers on optimizing the release cycles.
12/2010-10/2013 | JP Morgan & Chase (Boston, MA) | Developer Analyst
- Managed deployment of Prodiance compliance software across Boston Region for 600+ end-users.
- Trained end-users to understand and operate within compliance policies set globally.
- Built end-user tools in Excel and Access for multiple teams to improve business processes.
- Implemented stored procedures for querying data in Access using SQL.
- Coded and maintained class libraries for use in future applications.
05/2008-07/2010 | Oliver Wyman (Boston, MA) | Payables & Billings Coodinator
- Reviewed and interpreted contracts and proposals for invoicing fee schedules and milestones.
- Coordinated with partners on revenue and budgeting for projects.
- Designed and distributed timesheet instructions communication firm-wide.
- Processed consultant expense reconciliations on weekly basis.
08/2006-08/2007 | Backstage Bar & Grill (Wichita, KS) | Accountant/Bookkeeper
- Entered financial data in accounting system and reconciled accounts at period end.
- Implemented new accounting processes to adapt to growth of business.
- Assessed and organized existing accounting functions.
01/2004-10/2005 | Riverside Mobile Home Park (Wichita, KS) | Bookkeeper
- Entered and processed accounts receivable and accounts payable invoices and forms.
- Audited accounts receivable, accounts payable, notes receivable, and other accounts for errors and balanced general ledger accounts.
- Processed accounts through Trial-Balance with journal entries and work papers.
- Created subsidiary ledger for homes in inventory to balance general ledger and costs accrued.
- Forecasted and prepared statement of cash flow for notes receivable.
- 05/2007 | Wichita State University (Wichita, KS) | Bachelors of Business Administration majoring in Management and minoring in Accounting
- Web Frameworks: Node.js; ASP.NET; ASP.NET Core;
- Web Servers: IIS; Nginx; Apache;
- Databases: SQL Server; MySQL; PostgreSQL;
- ORMs: Entity Framework; Entity Framework Core;
- UI Frameworks: Telerik UI for ASP.NET AJAX, Telerik UI for Blazor
- Operating Systems: Windows; Linux; macOS;
- Source Control: Git; TFVC; Gitea
- SDLC Methodologies: Agile; Scrum; Waterfall; CI/CD;
- Cloud Platforms: Microsoft Azure; AWS; DigitalOcean; SkySilk;
- Cloud Services: Virtual Machines; Docker; Web Apps; Serverless Functions; Storage; Video Streaming; Search; (OAuth) Authentication;
- Content Management Systems: WordPress; SharePoint; Orchard; HubSpot;
- Debugging Software: Fiddler; Fiddler Everywhere; Postman;
- Graphics Software: GIMP; Adobe Photoshop; Inkscape; Adobe Illustrator; Adobe InDesign;
- Office Software: LibreOffice; Microsoft Office; Office 365; G-Suite;
- Using Telerik Reporting with Kinvey’s BaaS - 2019
- A Quick Guide to Expert .NET Reporting Tools - 2020
- Telerik Reporting Web and Desktop Report Designers Blog Series - 2020
- Sleek and Customizable UI Blog Series - 2021