7 years progressive experience in object priented programming. Expert understanding of Azure Web App Service application development. 6 years professional experience in accounting and bookkeeping. Entrepreneurial spirit and dedicated lifelong learner.
05/2011-Current | ericrohler.com (Boston, MA) | Web Developer and Blogger
- Design, develop and implement web applications on Microsoft Azure using open source web technologies.
- Full stack ASP.NET web development using C#, Entity Framework, jQuery, KnockoutJS, HTML5 and CSS3.
- Write about any open source software contributions, successes/failures in web development and tips and tricks.
06/2015 - 11/2017 | Meetcaregivers, Inc. (Newton, MA) | Freelance Web Developer
- Migrated application and database from PHP/MySQL to ASP.NET/SQL with continuous delivery for faster development cycles.
- Implemented responsive design with media elements delivered via content delivery network for improved performance.
- Remodeled database with table-per-type inheritance using Entity Framework code first which improved search result capability.
- Optimized search functionality that improved search results allowing end-users to query by city, state and zip code.
- Customized ASP.NET Identity 2 for business requirements to allow authentication of multiple user types.
10/2013-04/2014 | Best Doctors (Boston, MA) | Release Engineer
- Drafted and published company wide release management standards to circumvent rogue development and release processes.
- Enabled one-click publish from Visual Studio to development IIS web server which improved development process by allowing developers to continue coding during QA cycle.
- Deployed continuous delivery pipeline with optimized branching and merging strategy which allowed QA to continue their regression testing immediately following bug fixes found during QA cycle.
- Influenced QA, Development, Project and Business Managers on optimizing the release cycles.
12/2010-10/2013 | JP Morgan & Chase (Boston, MA) | Developer Analyst
- Managed deployment of Prodiance compliance software across Boston Region for 600+ end-users.
- Trained end-users to understand and operate within compliance policies set globally.
- Built end-user tools in Excel and Access for multiple teams to improve business processes.
- Implemented stored procedures for querying data in Access using SQL.
- Coded and maintained class libraries for use in future applications.
05/2008-07/2010 | Oliver Wyman | Payables & Billings Coodinator
- Reviewed and interpreted contracts and proposals for invoicing fee schedules and milestones.
- Coordinated with partners on revenue and budgeting for projects.
- Designed and distributed timesheet instructions communication firm-wide.
- Processed consultant expense reconciliations on weekly basis.
08/2006-08/2007 | Backstage Bar & Grill (Wichita, KS) | Accountant/Bookkeeper
- Entered financial data in accounting system and reconciled accounts at period end.
- Implemented new accounting processes to adapt to growth of business.
- Assessed and organized existing accounting functions.
01/2004-10/2005 | Riverside Mobile Home Park (Wichita, KS) | Bookkeeper
- Entered and processed accounts receivable and accounts payable invoices and forms.
- Audited accounts receivable, accounts payable, notes receivable, and other accounts for errors and balanced general ledger accounts.
- Processed accounts through Trial-Balance with journal entries and work papers.
- Created subsidiary ledger for homes in inventory to balance general ledger and costs accrued.
- Forecasted and prepared statement of cash flow for notes receivable.
- 05/2011 | Boston Architectural College (Boston, MA) | Certificate in Building Information Modeling (BIM)
- 05/2009 | Boston Architectural College (Boston, MA) | Certificate in Computer Aided Design (CAD)
- 05/2007 | Wichita State University (Wichita, KS) | Bachelors of Business Administration and Acounting
- Technologies: Node.js; jQuery; KnockoutJS; Gulp; Grunt; Git; SQL Server; MySQL; PostgreSQL; Microsoft Azure; Office 365; WordPress
- Design Software: Adobe Photoshop; Adobe Illustrator; Adobe InDesign;