Where to Learn
Custom Built PC:
- AMD FX-8370 8-core CPU
- AMD Radeon R9 380 GPU
- 32GB of DDR3 RAM
Microsoft Surface Pro 3
- i7-4650U and 8GB or RAM
Apple Build Server:
- Mac-mini running MacOS (latest, whatever that is)
Windows/Android Build Server:
- Striped down HP Slimline running Windows Server 2016 and VS2017. I also added 2 additional NICs to this machine so I can run VM’s and eventually a pfSense router for my home network.
Alcatel iDOL4S with Windows 10 Creators Update — I don’t care what anyone says. The windows 10 OS is far more integrated than Android/Chrome and iOS/MacOS.
- Samsung Galaxy S8+ - the Android OS is still worthless but I wanted something that worked with the Garmin vivoactiveHR (see below)
Microsoft Band 2
- Garmin vivoactiveHR - let’s face it, the MS Band 2’s wrist strap was horrrrible. So, I picked this up instead.
Current Dev Tools
- Most used operating system: Windows 10 with Windows Subsystem for Linux enabled – Ya, I’m OS-idexterous, thank you Microsoft!
- IDE: Visual Studio 2017
- Text Editor: Visual Studio Code
- Command line: Whatever is native. I am not picky, yet.
- Most used source code versioning: GIT with Visual Studio Team Services
- Most used paradigm: Object Oriented Programming
- Least desirable paradigm: Functional Programming.
- First language: Tie between Action Script 3 and Visual Basic for Applications
- Most desirable language: C++
- Most used language: C#
- First framework: .NET 4.0
- Most desirable framework: .NET Core
- Most used framework: .NET 4.6.x
- Least desirable framework: Not sure, have only used .NET. I am looking forward to learning something new.
- First web framework: ASP.NET 4.0
- Most desirable web framework: ASP.NET Core
- Most used web framework: ASP.NET 4.6.x
- Least desirable web framework: Not sure. I have only used ASP.NET. I am looking forward to learning something new.